Adding and managing Web App items
Updated on 20-October-2016 at 10:16 AM
Once you have created a Web App, and added the relevant custom fields, you can then go ahead and add Web App items. There are a number of ways to create Web App items, these include:
- Manaully add items within the admin
- Import items
- Visitor submitted items. See Building a visitor submitted powered Web App
Manually adding Web App Items
- To add Web App items within the admin, first select the Web App you have created from the main navigation menu in the admin.
- Click Add Item.
- Enter a name for the Web App item, and select a template (if required).
- Populate the custom fields for the Web App item, and then click Save Item. To create additional items, click the Save and Add New Item button.
Import Web App items
If you would like to add multiple Web App items in one operation, you can use the Web App Item import.
- Select Web Apps and click the Web app from the list, then click Import Items.
- Click Download Import Template and save the downloaded spreadsheet on your computer. You can export a spread sheet of existing items by selecting Edit Web App Settings and clicking Download All Items.
- Fill in the spreadsheet with the Web app item properties.
- Save the spreadsheet as a .csv or .tab file.
- Back on the Business Catalyst page from step 1, click the Browse button and select the .csv or .tab file on your computer.
- Click Next. If the file has errors, an error message appears. Fix the errors in the file and try importing it again. If you don't have any errors, an import preview page appears.
- Click the Import button to import your items.
Note: For the best experience using Business Catalyst we recommend creating a maximum of 10000 webapp items . For more details please see the Business Catalyst limitations .