Approving subscriptions before users can log in
Updated on 20-October-2016 at 10:16 AM
This tutorial describes how to set up a sign up system that allows you to review each access application before the users can actually log into your membership only secure area.
To configure this setup follow these steps:
Create the sign up form
This form will be the sign up form users will fill in to create their account:
- Make sure you select the option to subscribe users to your secure zone:
- Add the Username field to the form. Do not add the Password field.
- Save the form.
Add the form to a webpage and customize its HTML code
- Add the form to a sign up webpage
- Switch to the HTML view of the page and add the &SWE=false parameter to the end of the action string like so:
- Save the page.
Test the setup
- Open up the signup page and do a test submission:
- After you submit the form the CRM record will be created in the back-end of your system, notice it does not have a password yet:
- If you select the Subscriptions tab you will notice the customer is already subscribed to the Member Only Area
Approve the subscription and allow the customer to log in
After you review and approve the subscription all you need to do is send the user the password reset email.
To do this simply click the Send password recovery e-mail button:
and the user will receive this email that contains a password reset link:
Please note you can customize the content of this email by editing the Password Retrieve Email system email.