Adding contacts to a membership only area
Updated on 20-October-2016 at 10:16 AM
In the previous article we have created the secure zone, added some content to it that will no longer be available for non authenticated user and subscribed the first contact to the secure zone.
In this article we will see how we can add other users to the membership only area via the back-end or the front-end.
Subscribing contacts individually
Use this method if you want to add a small number of contacts to a secure zone:
- Create the CRM contact or go to the contact's detail page and select the Subscriptions tab:
- By checking the Secure zone items you grant this particular contact access to the secure zones until the specified date.
In this example the user John Does has access to the Member Only Area indeffinetly and to the Membership access until the 1-st of January 2015.
Subscribing contacts in bulk
Use this method if you need to subscribe a large number of contacts to a secure zone. The first step is to generate a report that filters out the customers you want to subscribe.
In this example let's filter out the customers that have created accounts on your site this week and add them to a trial secure area:
- Select Reports -> Custom Reports and click the Add Customer Report button
- Select the Contacts Only radio button
- Check the Create Date, First Name and Last Name checkboxes and click Next.
- Configure a filter that only shows customers created after a specific date, as below:
- Click Generate Report.
- In the report window click the AddCustomers To button and select the secure zone you want to add all the contacts in the report to:
Enabling site visitors to subscribe themselves
This method is best suited if you want to allow customers to add themselves to a membership only area.
- Create a web form with username and password fields. See this article for more details on how to subscribe a contact to a secure zone using forms.
- Open up the page you want to insert the form into by selecting Site Manager > Pages and click the page in the tree view.
- Place the cursor in the content editor where you want the form to appear in the page.
- In the Modules tab of the Toolbox found on the right of the editor, select Web Forms.
- Select the form you created for the secure zone form from the list and click Insert.
Business Catalyst inserts the form's HTML into the page.
- Click Publish or Save Draft.